Protect the Cards in Your Wallet with the Phone in Your Pocket
CardValet® gives you the ability to receive transaction alerts and actively manage your debit and credit card usage by defining when, where and how your cards are used.
- Receive alerts whenever your payment cards are used
- Establish transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories, transaction types and geographic locations
- Safeguard your cards by turning them “on” and “off” as needed
Getting started is easy. Simply follow the steps below, or visit www.cardvalet.com to learn more.
Download the CardValet App from the Apple® App Store or Google Play™ and Register Your Cards:
- Open the app, and select New User
- Enter your 16-digit card number
- Enter additional card details as requested
- Validate your identity in one of three ways
- Email verification – A temporary security code will be sent to the email address on record. Retrieve and enter the security code.
- Last four digits of your SSN – If no email address is on record but an SSN is, enter the last 4 digits of your SSN.
- Conduct a PIN transaction – If neither an email address nor SSN is on record, you will be instructed to conduct an ATM or PIN-based POS transaction. Enter the transaction amount.
- Create your username and password
- You are ready to log in
How to Use Card Valet
Select a card from the CardValet home screen and you are ready to begin. You can access each of your card’s details:
- When the card is “on,” transactions are allowed in accordance with the cardholder’s usage control settings.
- When the card is “off,” no purchases or withdrawals are approved until the card is subsequently turned back “on.” This control can be used to disable a lost or stolen card.
- Control Preferences
- Transactions can be monitored or controlled for specific merchant categories such as gas, hotel, travel, restaurants and groceries.
- Transactions can also be monitored and controlled for specific transaction types: in-store purchases, e-commerce transactions, mail/phone orders and ATM transactions.
- Set Alert Preferences
- Alerts can be set up to inform cardholders of specific types of transactions. CardValet can send an alert when a card is used, when a transaction is approved and exceeds any of the permitted use policies, or when a card transaction has been attempted but is declined. The alert is sent in real time, immediately after the transaction has taken place or has been declined.
- Review Transactions
- See details of recent transactions made on your card, including the date, vendor and amount.
- Access Account Details
Check your current balance and available balance, set a low balance alert to tell you when your balance falls below a certain point, and review recent transactions.