LUMBEE GUARANTY BANK (the “App”)– powered by Computer Services (CSI)– helps you control your credit and/or debit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
The App allows you to:
- get real-time balances for your accounts
- manage your money
- view your transactions and statements
- make transfers
- pay your bills and manage billers
- deposit a check
- receive alerts
- manage cards
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN THE APP
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
- We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our Services.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect location data when you use the Services even when the app is closed or not in use; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
(a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account
- identify you as a legitimate user in our system
- provide improved administration of the Services
- provide the Services you request
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims)
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate / deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, The App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not act in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update, or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information
under “Contact Us” below. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 18, and we do not, through the App, intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to us through the App and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Your transactions are safe. Lumbee Guaranty Bank works with cutting-edge technology partners to ensure that the most secure environment is made possible for our valued customers. We offer you worry-free Internet banking. You can be completely confident of the following security measures:
Our system ensures that data-exchanged between your PC and our customers are encrypted with 128-bit encryption – the strongest encryption available. Encryption is accomplished through Secure Sockets Layers (SSL), which utilizes mathematical formulas to ‘encrypt’ or hide information from prying eyes on the Internet. Additionally, if SSL detects that data was added or deleted after you sent it to the bank, the connection will be severed in order to guard against any tampering. The most popular browsers have the SSL security feature included.
Our computer system does not connect directly to the Internet. It is isolated from the network via a ‘firewall.’ A firewall is a combination of software and hardware products that designate parameters, and control and limit the access that outside computers have to the banks’ internal networks and databases. You can feel secure knowing that our firewall protects your personal information from unauthorized access.
User IDs and passwords are isolated from the Internet by being stored on Lumbee Guaranty Bank’s computer. This way, the passwords and IDs can never be accessed or downloaded by anyone on the Internet. Additionally, user passwords can vary from eight to sixteen alphanumeric characters, which means the chance of randomly guessing a password is less than one in one billion! The system also checks for invalid logins and automatically disallows a user after three invalid attempts. This prohibits the ‘hacker’ from gaining access to our system, thus protecting your accounts.
You will be responsible for maintaining one of the most important security measures: your password. When you receive your Lumbee Guaranty Bank on-line password, be sure to keep it a secret. Memorize it or write it down and keep it in a safe place. It is not recommended you carry your password in your purse or wallet. Make sure no one watches you enter your password and always close your browser when leaving the computer. Make sure you regularly scan your computer for viruses that could be used to capture password keystrokes. You ultimately hold the key to your password security.
Your ability to withdraw funds
This policy statement applies to all deposit accounts.
Our policy is to make funds from your cash and checks deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposit will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once the funds are available, you can withdraw them in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written.
Please remember that even after we have made funds available to you, and you have withdrawn the funds, you are still responsible for checks you deposit that are returned to us unpaid and for any other problems involving your deposit.
For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 5:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday and 6:00 P.M. Friday (cutoff times may be later on some days or at some locations) on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after 5:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday and 6:00 P.M. Friday or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another bank, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it.
If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another bank, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that you have on deposit with us. The funds in the other account would have then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this disclosure for the type of check that you deposited.
LONGER DELAYS MAY APPLY
Case-by-case delays. In some case, we will not make all the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the first business day after the day of your deposit. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. Effective July 1, 2020, the first $225 of your deposit will be available on the first business day.
If we are not going to make all the funds from your deposit available on the first business day, we will notify you at the time your make your deposit. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the day after we receive your deposit.
If you need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
Safeguard exceptions. In addition, funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,525 on any one day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You overdrawn you account repeatedly in the last six months and the amount for determining a repeat overdraft is $5,525.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
Special Rules for New Accounts
If you are a new customer, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open.
Funds from electronic direct deposit to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits for cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,525 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state and local government checks will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you (and you may have to use a special deposit slip). The excess over $5,525 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5, 525 will not be available until the second business day after the day or your deposit except for Treasury checks.
Funds from all other check will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit.
We are glad you have chosen to visit our site. Before proceeding, please read these Terms and Conditions of Use carefully. By accessing our site, you agree to all of the following. Questions regarding these Terms and Conditions can be sent to email@example.com or reach us by telephone during our normal business hours at your local branch or 910-521-9707.
Information regarding our products and services is not intended to take the place of our agreements governing our products and services, or our disclosures made in accordance with federal and state law. Information on our site may not apply to all products and services and is current only as of the date posted. Information presented on this site regarding any of our products and services does not constitute a commitment to provide any such product or service. Eligibility for certain products and services may vary, and is subject to final determination and acceptance by us. Please contact us directly at 555-555-5555 for more information, or for copies of any applicable agreements or disclosure statements.
Use of Information
The information contained on the pages of this website is not intended to provide, and you should not rely on it for, legal, accounting, financial or tax advice. Please consult with your tax, accounting or financial advisor or legal counsel before using any of this information.
Copyright and Trademarks
We own the copyright in and to all of the pages and the trademark, Lumbee Guaranty Bank, and all related intellectual property rights. Your use of the site does not entitle you to any rights in any of the foregoing.
Email messages sent to us are on a non-confidential basis and become our property upon receipt, which we may use, disclose, reproduce or republish. Transmission of email by the Internet may not always be secure. For example, Email may be intercepted by a third party or may not be immediately received by the designated person or department. Please do not use email to send us confidential information or information that we may require in writing or which may need our immediate attention. You are welcome to contact us directly at 910-521-9707. Except as specifically agreed by us or required by law, we will not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding, or liability for losses or damages incurred as a result of, submitted information or information transmitted to any person or entity as a result of a request for such transmission. Please be aware that when you receive a receipt acknowledging your email, it means that the message has been routed into the Internet, and not that the message has been received by us.
In no event will Lumbee Guaranty Bank or its holding company, subsidiaries or affiliates have any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, or consequential, incidental, or special loss or damage, arising out of or relating to the (1) use of or inability to use, print or display all or any portion of this site by you or any other person, or (2) any failure or delay or error in operation, transmission or performance, whether caused by system failure, virus or other disabling routine, or otherwise. This disclaimer of liability applies even if Lumbee Guaranty Bank or their service providers, employees, or affiliates or any of its or their service providers, employees, or representatives have been advised of the possibility of any such loss or damage.
Neither Lumbee Guaranty Bank makes any warranty regarding the site or the information or materials on the site or any linked site, and each of the foregoing expressly disclaims all implied and express warranties of any type, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of intellectual property rights, and freedom from computer virus. This site is posted “as is” and “as available”, and no representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, sufficiency, timeliness, or completeness of the site or any linked site, or the information, pages or other materials included herein or therein. You may verify current rates and other information by calling us at 910-521-9707.
Descriptions of, or references to, products, services or publications within this website do not imply our endorsement or approval of any such product, service, or publication.
We are not associated with or responsible for any of the external linking websites that may be accessed through our site and use of any such hyperlinks, or other sites will be at your own risk. The content, accuracy, opinions expressed, products or services offered, and other links of other websites are the sole responsibility of their authors and owners, and are not investigated, verified, monitored, authorized, or endorsed by us.